Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rafting






The last two weekends have been exciting. Two weeks ago, I went to Elbasan to give a session on teacher training to the new volunteers but only one person came. That same day was a birthday party. The next day my host sister from my training site came to visit and we went to the pool. The pool was great. It had 2 waterslides and the pool was huge. We had 2 weeks of what seemed like summer. Then the thunderstorms came. I was glad it cooled off and it brought waves and the water level up for rafting. So this last weekend I went to Corovode to go rafting in the canyons. I went with 2 of my friends and we joined another group. Aida got separated into another boat. Kendra and I ended up in the yellow boat that had 2 major leaks. We had to keep stopping to pump it up. We also sang “We are sinking in the yellow submarine.” Stopping gave me a chance to take pictures. It was beautiful and soooo much fun. I will do it again next year but a bit earlier so the water level is higher. Then, I came back on Saturday to meet my new site mate Kate who just moved in. We are having a barbeque for the new volunteers in our region next weekend and so I will be cooking and cleaning this week. Fun.

1 comment:

emily.zyko said...

Looks like an AMAZING time. Thanks for the birthday postcard. You are a doll! Un beso muy grande!