




After three days of being home, I was off again. It was my friend Aida’s birthday and she ordered a big meat dinner. I went to Corovode, a town two hours south of Berat. Aida wanted to do a hike the next day and it ended up being a three hour walk to a place called Bride’s Hole. The legend says that the bride-to-be did not like her future husband and asked the Gods to open the rock. They did and she went down the hole, never to be seen again. On the way there, we came across a prophet’s footsteps. He took one step there and his next step was on Mt. Tomorri. This week the author Francine Prose is coming to Berat and is going to meet with a group of students from the high school. I had never heard of her but I just finished the book so I can join the conversation. Other than that, I don’t have much excitement planned. The pics are of Aida and Eric taking a break, the hole, the footprints of the prophet and his horse, and the scenery on the walk.
No comments:
Post a Comment