Monday, November 10, 2008

Rozafa






So much to do but not really. The training conference planning is going well and takes up 2 hours of my day. Coffees and meetings take up another 3 hours. The rest of most days is left to grocery and outdoor market shopping. Oh, 2 days a week I now teach to 5 from the health office that my sitemate Marisa works at. I have also started to learn the programming on the TV and have grown fond of Animal Planet. It does not take away from my reading. I just finished an interesting novel that takes place in an Amish community.
Two weeks ago, for Halloween, I attended a conference in Shkodra. It was a University conference about teaching foreign languages. Unfortunately, I was only able to understand the lectures in English. For Halloween we rented a scary movie and bought candy. The castle in Shkodra has an interesting legend about Rozafa, a girl built alive into the wall. The castle is pictured along with a statue of Rozafa before put into the wall.
This last weekend I was in Tirana for a Model UN training. I have a ton to learn about it. This coming weekend will be spent in Berat with no travel. I am so excited to be able to veg and be in my house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so have that purse!

nurse-in-training said...

Is the book you just finished by Jody Picoult by any chance? If so, I LOVED it!!!!! By the way, The Secret Life of Bees is an awesome read too (had to see it before the movie came out). What about the author who wrote Twilight? I guess there's 3 more in the series. Once this semester ends, I think I'll give them a try. So proud that you're making a difference, by the way. It looks like you are, but how does it feel when you're there? Do they appreciate you? They better, dadgummit! ;) Vegging is very good, remind me to take it up soon =) e-mail me when you can: katherine.adkinson@yahoo.com Love ya!
~Katie (the one in N.C.)