Friday, October 24, 2008

No voting Sticker




Two weekends ago I took Aida to her new site. It is a town called Corovode in an area called Skrapar. It is 2 hours south of Berat on a curvy mountain road. I heard it was a small town but nobody told me it was like being in the mountains on a camping trip. I was there for such a short period of time that I forgot to take pictures. I will do that next time. Aida seemed to like it too.
Last weekend we had guests. I took 2 volunteers up to the castle and there are some pics of it. 2 days later we had more guests and a visit from the prime minister and because of my connections we were able to be at the private wine tasting party with him. Of course we were mostly excited about the wine. He was there because of our second but “real” party for joining UNESCO.
I am not really doing much but planning for my teaching training in Berat. Berat was finally chosen as a Model UN site and I will be going to Tirana for a training in a couple of weeks. Debate club starts this weekend and next week I am going to start more private classes.
Oh and my favorite person on PC staff just got fired. My program director Diana. I am so bummed and I am sure many other volunteers are as well. Also our language refresher and training is going to be in Elbasan in the same week. They were supposed to be in 2 trainings and places. Our group “gets” to do all our trainings in Elbasan because of budget cuts. I hope the US really works on the budget thing because we are affected as well. Did I vote. Yes. I applied for a ballot that never came but the PC staff brought write-in ballots for those that didn’t get theirs in time. Mine is going DHL to Washington to get our ballots there in time. Did I get a sticker, no, but I voted.

No comments: