


So here are some pictures of another side of Albania. I didn’t think it was right to only show the good parts. The river of trash is in Elbasan but most rivers are dumping sites for trash. The trash bin with the chickens is in Librazhd. Pigs, dogs, cats, and people are also common digging though the trash. Pork or chicken anyone? The buildings are in Berat and most of them are from the communist era. What surprised me most about the apartments was how nice they are inside. The roads are watered to keep down the dust but I can’t imagine now what that road will be like to walk through when it rains.
I have now officially been to work. I am coordinating my classes with my counterpart. I am looking through the text books to see which classes I want to work with. I will also be taking part in the debate club. My counterpart is also going to help me with public speaking so we can coordinate teacher trainings. School officially starts next week but since I am going home for a week, I will start in October. Last weekend there was a pool party in Kucove which was fun and we got the pool all to ourselves. I will be going to Tirana tomorrow for Peace Corps business and back on Saturday. I think I will be moving on the 20th so more address problems. One of my current students will be starting school in Tirana so I will not be teaching her anymore but will see her on the weekends and my other student was away at camp for a week so it’s been slow here. Things are looking up though and I will be busy soon. 13 days till I fly home.
1 comment:
great shot of the river. like the backpacking trip, makes me appreciate turning on the faucet and having drinkable water. can't wait to see you. peaches.
Post a Comment