




Korçe has the best tasting Albanian beer. Last weekend 27 volunteers went to Korçe for beer fest. There we at least 12 staying in one house, the pic is of all our shoes in the hallway. The fest starts in the evening with bands food and beer. If you don’t like beer you are out of luck. Even the children were drinking beer. Friday night was both Kysha’s and Stephanie’s birthday and a watermelon with a candle in it was the cake. One of our group was able to convince the mc to let some of us on stage to wish them a happy birthday. It was awesome. The second night was low key because we were a bit tired and were full of beer. The party seemed to be livelier with more Albanians dancing and having a good time.
After beer fest I picked up my host sister from Librazhd to come stay with me for a couple of days. Mirva had never been to Berat and loved it. I was going to go to a sheep slaughtering fest this weekend but due to a drastic price increase by the driver, we decided not to go. Time is starting to go quicker. School will be starting soon and I will be going home in a month. As soon as I get back I will be moving. I found a larger place much closer to the center of town. So happy but I have to wait until Oct. 1st to move.
No comments:
Post a Comment