Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July






What a crazy two weeks I’ve had. It started with a stubborn kidney stone. After two ultrasounds, two trips to Tirana, and a nasty infection the stone finally passed. I went to party in Pogradec, which is a town by a lake. We were to find the “best” outfit we could find at the second hand outdoor market and where it out. This past weekend there was a party in Tirana at the ambassador’s house on the 5th. Lots of American bbq food. No fireworks. After the party we went out in Tirana. We started at an Irish bar and then moved to a bar with a live band. It was an Albanian cover band singing many American favorites. I also think I have students. I will hopefully set up a plan tomorrow and start teaching on Thursday. So happy. The only bad thing is the heat and Berat shuts down between one and 630. It will be an interesting summer.

No comments: