




So, I moved in on Tuesday and progressively got more furniture. I was given a TV but it only has four channels and the picture keeps going out. Oh well, I am in the peace corps. There isn’t much going on. I am learning to cook with the resources here and it is turning out okay. The biggest difficulty I have is that the food is seasonal. There are no more greens to be found. There is a ton of fruit but not many vegetables. I am also trying to hunt down students. July and August are vacation months and many people leave. It is also very hot so nobody is out during the day. Lauren has a blown up pool on her roof so we have been using that to keep a little cooler. I have also been traveling to a nearby town called Kuçove. There are three volunteers there and it is a nice town too. It isn’t as nice as Berat but the people are super friendly. I also have been covered in bites. I don’t think they are all mosquito bites but they itch like hell. The walk from my house to the center of town isn’t bad as long as it isn’t in the middle of the day. Last night, Marisa and I walked into my house to find cockroaches. I called the landlord and there were three people in my house getting rid of them. That was an adventure. Pics are of my house.
2 comments:
Wow! Your apartment looks really nice!! Sounds like you don't have to rough it too much. ;) Have your Mom send you some vitamin E pills for those bites...
I got your postcard on Saturday!! Thanks my darling!!
XOXOXO
The red wall is killing me. So porno!!!
Post a Comment