Monday, June 16, 2008

Move to Berat





It’s official. On Friday I swore in as a volunteer. I am now on my own to save the world, yeah right, but I will get to teach and that’s good. I will be looking for students and probably doing English Club this summer. I will most likely start in July. On Saturday I arrived in Berat to find that my apartment wasn’t finished. My landlord felt so bad he is put me up in a hotel. It will be done tomorrow afternoon. My clumsy self also slipped in the shower and hurt my wrist. It is probably just bruised or sprained but getting xrays to be on the safe side (and my PC doc wants me to). On a positive note, I passed my language test and they painted a red wall in the bedroom of my apt. The pics are of Tirana.

2 comments:

emily.zyko said...

I wanna move to Berat. My Dad and I were talking about taking the Albo trip yesterday (Father's Day). It is going to rock.

seoulsurfer said...

I hope your wrist is ok. That's cool that you're "official" now. So you have to look for your own students? Well I hope that your new apartment is decent!