
Last weekend was the official weekend to harvest grapes and make wine and raki. The winery in Berat is said to make the best wine in Albania. The winery puts on a party to celebrate. I went last year if you can remember what I wrote. Wow, I cant believe I have been gone that long. So music is played and teenagers in costume go through the vines and pick some grapes and then put them in a barrel and stomp on them to music. Of course it was for show. There was a barrel of wine to fill up on. Lamb, cheese and bread were also served. Circle dancing was also a must. It was just a fun night. This weekend was slow because next weekend is going to be big. The first day of school was anticlimactic. I went to school on the first day and was told to come back in a week. There were no books and the schedule was messed up. We will figure out what I am teaching this week when everything is sorted.
1 comment:
RAKI!!!!!! Enjoy.......
Post a Comment