Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sheep Fest






I know this blog is way overdue. The weekend after I got back from vacation was my site mate’s birthday and she had a party at her house. The next day I went up a mountain for a Muslim holiday. People go up the mountain and sacrifice sheep (and cook them, of course.) It is said that a prophet took one step on one mountain and another onto this mountain. In the area where they kill the sheep are the memorials and places to light candles. I didn’t care for the smell but the food was good. There were cafes set up and tents everywhere. Its also a time where you couldn’t haggle prices. Last weekend was pretty slow. A Turkish group came to Berat to put on a concert for Ramadan. School starts next week and I will be happy to get my internet café back. I am finally going to meet with my counterpart today after not talking to her all summer. We will be talking about plans for the coming school year. The pics are of the sheep fest and one is of the concert.

No comments: