Monday, July 27, 2009

Waterfall






I have been busy. After trying to find the waterfall 2 weekends ago, I had to go to warden training. I am an alternate warden for my region and that means me and my site mate are in charge of the region in case of an emergency. We went to Tirana to analyze risks and possible emergency situations and what to do. It was not very exciting but I got to see people and eat good food in the capital. Back in Berat I went to visit my friend at his hostel. There were many guests and I enjoy meeting the tourists. There was also a big bbq because one of the guests that had been there a month was leaving. The hostel is situated in one of the historic neighborhoods and is a bit cooler there than where I live. On my way back home my friend and I noticed a big crowd gathered by the river. A boulder had come down the mountain by the castle and landed on a car and was blocking the street. Luckily nobody was hurt and it didn’t hit any homes. The roof of a building had some damage and the car was destroyed. The picture isn’t very good but you can see how big the rock is. The next day a volunteer came to visit. I didn’t know her very well but it was good to get to know her. The day after she came it was supposed to be 104 degrees so we decided to go find the waterfall that I didn’t find before. We found it and it was awesome. The hike there only took about 45 mins and half of it was in the shade. The water was ice cold. We put our warm water bottles in the water and the water was cold in 2 mins. It was the perfect day to go. When we got back 9 volunteers came to visit for the weekend. Most of them stayed with my site mate but I had a few. It was good to see people but I am happy to have my house back. The picture of the happy faces is a bit disturbing. My friend and I found them in a supermarket in Tirana. The faces are on a type of meat I would call bologna but the Albanians call in sallam. What did they use to make the faces?

1 comment:

emily.zyko said...

um, that meat is gross.