




The new group of volunteers has arrived. This past weekend I hosted two TEFLers. They came on Saturday and left Tuesday. They were here to get a better taste of Albania, see how we live and watch us work. They got to watch me tutor 3 girls for an hour. One is from Philly and the other Illinois. The main event was the castle tour. One of my Albanian friends loves to give tours, so I let him take us. I of course have been up to the castle many times, but this time I was able to go into some of the churches that are normally locked. One of the churches is pretty well preserved. Other than the castle I got to show them the major hotspots of Berat, cafes and restaurants. We cooked a big burrito dinner as well. In one week my mom is coming and we are going to Istanbul. I am so excited. Other than that, nothing is new here. I am now working 4 days a week tutoring three girls for exams in July. The pics are of us at the castle and inside one of the churches. The statue of Constantine was put up in 2003. UNESCO is fighting to have it removed. The weather has been nice. I am able to only sleep with two blankets now and I haven’t needed to heat the bathroom to take a shower. We have been getting thunder storms. The football field is now a swamp complete with frogs.
1 comment:
Hey Corrine!
You look so happy in your picture! ;)
When are you coming home?
Post a Comment