




My actual birthday fell on a Monday so there wasn’t much going on. My site mates took me to lunch and later made me a cake and we drank champagne. It was a great day and I didn’t feel any older. The big party happened on Valentine’s Day. All February birthdays were being celebrated. There are 9 of us but only 8 at the party. 31 people crowded into my house for a long night of poker, nachos, drinking and dancing. Nobody got sick outside of the bathroom and only one person fell and got blood on my wall. He is okay. Also there were 2 almost fights. All in all I would call it a success.
How is Berat? Freezing. Two weeks ago we were thinking winter was over. I only needed one pair of pants and one sweater and jacket. We were teased big time. We are talking below freezing temps. It is difficult to leave the house because it takes so much work to get ready to go outside. Oh well, maybe it will end soon. I am very much looking forward to the final Model UN conference in Tirana. It starts on the 28th and ends on March 1st. We will be staying at a luxurious hotel with suites and wireless internet. It will be a nice break to get away and my students are super excited too. The pics are of my students at our practice conference.
No comments:
Post a Comment