Last Saturday the Peace Corps put on Culture Day for us. We saw a show with traditional singing and dancing. The first two pics are from the show. We then learned how to make Turkish coffee and ate the traditional desserts. There were other booths that had Albanian history and arts and crafts. The most fun was learning some of the dances. The next day we went to a town where the group was doing their community project which was planting trees around the school. They had around 50 of them. After that we went to a birthday party for two girls in the group. The last pic is of a group of us out for pizza.
Our spelling bee is going well and we just got the auditorium in the town center for free. I have started my practicum and teaching mostly at the high school. The one class I have at the elementary school is on Monday. I am a little nervous because little kids are more intimidating than high school kids and I also have no idea how much English they speak because I have only observed classes at the high school. Whatever happens will be a learning experience.
2 comments:
WoW!!! I guess ym Albanian-AMerican community kept it real. My brother and sisters and I totally wore those red costumes and dance at the mosque!!!! Have a blast. Cheers!!!
Cute boys :)
Post a Comment