Saturday, May 29, 2010

The End






The first weekend of May I went rafting with 6 other volunteers. It was my second time but we went earlier in the year so the water level would be higher. The mini bus that we got in to take us to the launch site had an interesting ignition switch. I included a picture. My raft did not have a whole in it this year and I went behind a waterfall. It was awesome. Our group was divided and the other boat flipped, we had to help pick them up. It was exciting and nobody was hurt. The rafting is not for the rapids but a great way to see the canyons. I included pictures of our group and a waterfall (not the one I went under).
Four days left and I finally started packing. Lots to do and people to see in a very short period of time. Most of my Albanian friends all want to do good-byes on the last possible day so I have the weekend to sort through all of my things. The volunteer that is taking my house has moved in as well. Because I am not done packing, she is in the guest room. We have similar taste in books so she is going to take the books from me that don’t fit in my bags. I am starting to get sad. Yesterday it really started to sink in and I realized how many people I am going to miss. I am not going to miss my destroyed clothes. One of the pictures is of two pairs of jeans that were patched and then tore around the patches. Until I purchased a new pair of the exact same shoes, I didn’t realize that my shoes were no longer black. I didn’t put in a picture of another pair of destroyed shoes. So after 2 ruined pairs of jeans, 2 destroyed pairs of shoes, 2 years of hard work and 2 years of exciting experiences, I am done and ready to go home.

No comments: