Wednesday, March 17, 2010

COS and MUN Conferences






Well my close of service conference and Model UN conference are finally over, but work is not. At COS I put in to leave the first week of June. It turns out that leaving at the beginning of the week is not possible and especially when there is a holiday and the office will be closed. It mainly has to do with our medical clearance. It was really good to see some people. There were many I will never see again. I will be traveling when it gets warmer to visit the places I have not been and to see the people I will miss. Model UN was a lot of fun. I had an all new team this year and it was a completely different experience. The kids were more serious and were more independent. They did not win any awards but I think most of them were okay with that. There were many exciting parts this year. Security Council became Survivor in that alliances were formed and there were veto powers on each side. So, almost nothing was passed. In General Assembly a mistake was made and signatures were forged. The issue was taken to Security Council and the team was voted out of GA for the remainder of the conference (20 mins). I had fun but 5 days in Tirana for the conference has worn me out. I am still trying to catch up on sleep. I will be finishing my writing course in the classroom today. I will continue the class as an after school tutoring session. There are too many kids that don’t care about the class and it takes away from their regular class. I will have finished the basics of writing a 5 paragraph essay. The pictures are of my MUN team, each of the 3 committees and the group of volunteers that have made it to the end at COS(almost).

No comments: