



After a month of craziness, my house is quiet. The weekend after Halloween I had a training of trainers in Tirana for MUN. The weekend after that, a friend was holding a birthday party at my site mates house. About 20 people came, so of course, I had people staying at my house. The day after that, my brother came to visit. It was awesome that he came to see me and how I live. It is very difficult to put into words the mentality and lifestyle here and really, the only way to know is to experience it. I also got to show him the amazing historic castle of Berat and introduce him to some of my favorite people. We cooked a non traditional dinner on Thanksgiving that was very tasty and Friday night we went out to one of the best restaurants in Tirana. Yumm. After a sad goodbye on Saturday I raced back to Berat to experience the killing of a turkey and all that goes into preparing it for cooking. I finally got home and started cooking. My site mate, another friend and I were preparing a Thanksgiving dinner for Sunday. I cooked the Turkey and the picture is what was left of it after dinner. The table of food is everything minus the mashed potatoes and gravy, they didn’t fit on the table. Monday came round and it was back to work. This coming weekend I am going to watch a play put on by high school students in the north. The play is a musical and some volunteers are in it. It is also a town that I have never been to so I am excited. The weekend after that will have “sushi” night.” The weekend after that, I fly home. Yay
No comments:
Post a Comment